Sweet, savory, and a little kick of spice, what doesn't sound good about that? You will experience these combinations when trying our Honey BBQ Wing recipe that never disappoints! Today we will be featuring Sparky's FIRE Wing and Dippin' Sauce, Simply Sunflower's Sunflower Oil, and Buzz Savories' Honey. We would also like to give a shout out to An Affair From the The Heart for this amazing recipe!
This recipe is on 2 pieces of paper locked away in an OOMPAH Blueberry mold somewhere in Wankaland. We went into business in January of 2011 & I was making it on my kitchen stove. I literally gave samples to customers in 8 oz jelly jars with no label. We had a couple places that really wanted to get the product. From January 1 to March 17 of 2011 I formed a corporation, designed a label, hired a label maker, signed a nondisclosure contract with a bottling company, had a nutrition company analyze my product, did some more legal work, and had 7 companies.
Simply Sunflower was born as a result of Farmer Al striving to be a better steward of the environment. He began using sunflowers as a renewable energy source on their farm and ranch near Ord, Nebraska. His property and farming business has been in the Koelling family for the past 120 years! The soil is rich in history and heritage and the family has always been filled with pioneers and innovators.
Created in Holdrege, Nebraska, Buzz Savories features top of the line mustards. Spicy Beer Mustard and Honey Mustard are gourmet mustard that is a must-have in your household. Buzz Savories creates exceptional mustard that you will be wanting more. Betty is the proud owner of many bee hives. She started this journey just trying to find a hobby after retiring. This led her to venture into bee keeping, and finding something to do with her excess honey!
- 2 pounds chicken wings or drummies
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons Simply Sunflower Oil
- 1 medium sized onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2/3 cup Sparky's FIRE Wing and Dippin' Sauce
- 1/2 cup Buzz Savories' Honey
- Simply Sunflower Oil for deep frying
- Prepare the sauce: Heat the Simply Sunflower Oil in a saucepan, on medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until tender, stirring often. Add in rice vinegar, Sparky's FIRE Wing and Dippin' Sauce, and Buzz Savories' Honey, bring to a low boil. Simmer for a few minutes and then remove from heat. Cool slightly. Blend with a stick blender until smooth.
- Prepare your wings: Wash the wings and dredge them in flour. Shake off the excess flour and deep fry them in 350F Simply Sunflower Oil for about 8-10 minutes. I did not use my deep fryer --- I pan fried them in about 2" of oil for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Place wings on paper towels to remove any excess oil, then toss them with the honey Sparky's sauce.
- Serve with dressing or celery if desired.