There is no doubt you will love the flavors in this simple to assemble Corn Pie Casserole dish. Made with Nebraska Cornbread mix, canned corn, and canned creamed corn, sour cream, butter, and just a bit of the best local, Nebraska honey to give it a little extra sweetness. It compliments any meal, making it the perfect side dish for potlucks, holidays and barbecues! We would like to give a shout out to An Affair From The Heart for this recipe that is a perfect side dish for any occasion with little to no hassle and no doubt will satisfy all mouths that consume the corn pie.
Big Mama's all started in 2007 as Big Mama's Kitchen and Catering located in the historic Nebraska School for the Deaf in Omaha, Nebraska. The business expanded their horizons and launched Big Mama's Sandwich Shop that featured authentic Southern dishes made from the heart. The new shop brought in wild crowds, including international channels such as Food Network, Travel Channel, Sundance Channel, and was featured in many local and national publications. Big Mama's legacy and spirit continue to flourish and make the business one of the best Southern food chains internationally.
Heartland Gourmet has been providing top of the line, delicious Gluten-Free Mixes since 2010. We worked hard at getting just the right flour blend and flavors to provide you with the texture and flavor you want in any gluten-free product. Just because you can't have gluten, doesn't mean you can't have quality. From sweet to savory, we have it all.
Lance Honey Farms is a Nebraskan business that provides bees, support, equipment, and resources to beekeepers in the state. Our honey is raw, lightly filtered, and never processed. We support beekeepers through education and quality products to ensure their success.
Created in Holdrege, Nebraska, Buzz Savories features top of the line mustards. Spicy Beer Mustard and Honey Mustard are gourmet mustards that are a must-have in your household. Buzz Savories creates exceptional mustard that you will leave you wanting more.
Betty, pictured above, is the proud owner of many bee hives. She started this journey just trying to find a hobby after retiring. This led her to venture into bee keeping, and finding something to do with her excess honey!
- 1 ( 8.5 oz. ) box of Big Mama's Homestyle Cornbread Mix or Heartland Gourmet's Gluten-Free Cornbread Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, 1 stick, melted
- 1 ( 15.25 oz. ) can creamed corn
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Buzz Savories' Honey or Lance Honey Farms' Sage Honey
- 1 ( 8 oz. ) container ( 1 cup ) sour cream
- 1 ( 15.25 oz. ) can corn, drained
- 2/3 cup medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl, stir Big Mama's Homestyle Cornbread Mix or Heartland Gourmet's Gluten-Free Cornbread Mix, melted butter, egg, Buzz Savories' Honey or Lance Honey Farms' Sage Honey, creamed corn, and sour cream until combined.
- Fold in drained corn and shredded cheese.
- Spread into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted inside comes out fairly clean