Plump, juicy, ruby red plums look desperately at customers walking by in the fruit section in the local grocery store. Yet, do not respond in fear of plum juice leaking down one's arm after every bite and staining every inch of clothing worn while eating one. Lucky for you, we have changed the way you can eat plums that reduces the mess and stickiness one frequently experiences while eating the fruit. We have just produced the most fresh tasting, mess-free, simple-to-make fruit leather strip recipe that makes the sweet, fresh, tart flavor of plums shine in a homemade fruit roll up.
The Plum and Honey Fruit Leather tastes of the red plum's sweet/sour flavor without the sticky juices dripping down your arm, and following a moment of chew, the leather melts in your mouth. The hint of extra sweetness and thickness provided by the honey adds a natural sweetener that is both healthy and delicious. So good and so natural. Packed with fresh fruit, local honey, and vitamins and nutrients that are vital to overall health, you have to try this now!
Created in Holdrege, Nebraska, Buzz Savories features top of the line mustards. Spicy Beer Mustard and Honey Mustard are gourmet mustards that are a must-have in your household. Buzz Savories creates exceptional mustard that you will leave you wanting more.
Betty, pictured above, is the proud owner of many bee hives. She started this journey just trying to find a hobby after retiring. This led her to venture into bee keeping, and finding something to do with her excess honey!
- 1 silpat non-stick silicone costs approx. $15 and makes it possible to lift the fruit leather from the cookie sheet with ease. Silpat mats last a lifetime, and I use them to roast tomatoes and onions and peppers in the over to baking cookies and lately making Plum and Honey Fruit Leather
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups plums (8 red plums) remove seeds and chop coarsely
- 2 Tb. Buzz Savories Artisanal Honey
- 1 Tb. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
How to Prepare:
- Place chopped plums on a baking sheet and bake at 350 Degrees for 15 minutes or until plums are soft.
- Add cooked plums, Buzz Savory Artisanal Honey, lemon juice, and cinnamon to a food processor or blender and process into a smooth puree.
- Pour onto a silpat lined 12" x 18" cookie sheet that has a raised edge and spread out to 1/8-1/4 inch thick.
- Bake in a 150-170 Degree oven for 6-8 hours until the middle of the leather is no longer sticky. In my experience, the baking process has reached 10 hours. It is no bother to me though because I start and back 5-6 hours. Then turn off the oven until another convenient time arrives when I may Complete the baking.
- When the plum fruit leather cools, remove from the silpat and cut into ribbons and roll (with wax paper strips between layers of plum leather).
- Keep in a closed container at room temperature.