Indulge in an explosion of flavors! Experience the tantalizing combination of honey-lime marinated chicken topped with a savory and sweet pineapple salsa! Today we will be featuring Simply Sunflower, Lance Honey Farms, and Buzz Savories! We would like to give a shout out to Simply Sunflower for providing us with this amazing recipe!
Simply Sunflower was born as a result of Farmer Al striving to be a better steward of the environment. He began using sunflowers as a renewable energy source on their farm and ranch near Ord, Nebraska. His property and farming business has been in the Koelling family for the past 120 years! The soil is rich in history and heritage and the family has always been filled with pioneers and innovators.
A small Nebraska business specializing in providing support and resources for beginner beekeepers around the state, while also providing a quality honey product. Our honey is never heated or processed and remains as raw as when the bees gathered it into the comb. We support beekeepers through education and quality products to help lessen the learning curve and hopefully lead them to a success in their beekeeping endeavors.
Created in Holdrege, Nebraska, Buzz Savories features top of the line mustards. Spicy Beer Mustard and Honey Mustard are gourmet mustard that is a must-have in your household. Buzz Savories creates exceptional mustard that you will be wanting more. Betty, pictured above, is the proud owner of many bee hives. She started this journey just trying to find a hobby after retiring. This led her to venture into bee keeping, and finding something to do with her excess honey!
- 1/4 cup Simply Sunflower Oil
- Juice of 4 limes, divided
- 1 bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 2 tsp. Lance Honey Farms Honey or Buzz Savories Honey
- 1 lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 cups Chopped Pineapple
- 1 Avocado, Diced
- 1/4 Red Onion
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together juice of 3 limes, Simply Sunflower Oil, 1/4 cup cilantro, and honey and season with salt.
- Add chicken to a large Ziploc bag and pour over marinade. Let marinate in the refrigerator at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- When ready to grill, heat grill to high. Oil grates with Simply Sunflower Oil and add chicken, then grill 8 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together pineapple, avocado, red onion, remaining lime juice, and a tablespoon of cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon salsa over chicken and serve!