Discover the incredible world of chicken and waffles without the guilt of the grease and sugar! Indulge in the mouthwatering combination of perfectly seasoned, crispy oven-fried chicken on a fluffy, sweet, and tender waffle. Topped with drizzles of fresh, fruity syrup or honey and warm butter, this heavenly dish is a true delight! This isn't your typical chicken and waffles recipe that leave your hands greasy and your teeth feeling guilty from the sugar, this recipe has been altered to cancel out those unhealthy ingredients! Today we will be featuring Heavenly Waffles, Big Mama's Oven Fried Chicken Seasoning, Rafter 7S, and Lance Honey Farms. We would also love to give a big shout out to An Affair From The Heart for this awesome recipe!
It all started in Grandma Glady's kitchen when a passion to spruce up the popular waffle dish became her focus. Glady was known for being creative and thinking outside of the box which would be a trait that her grandson, Chef Bob, would soon inherit and influence a pivotal idea in Heavenly Waffles. With his grandmother's idea on his mind, Chef Bob soon took over and was determined to make Glady's idea come to life. Chef Bob worked on perfecting the new high protein, yogurt based waffle mix for eight years before he released the finished product. In tribute of his late grandmother, the name Heavenly Waffles was born and the business has flourished in her spirit ever since.
Big Mama's all started in 2007 as Big Mama's Kitchen and Catering located in the historic Nebraska School for the Deaf in Omaha, Nebraska. The business expanded their horizons and launched Big Mama's Sandwich Shop that featured authentic Southern dishes made from the heart. The new shop brought in wild crowds, including international channels such as Food Network, Travel Channel, Sundance Channel, and was featured in many local and national publications. Big Mama's legacy and spirit continue to flourish and make the business one of the best Southern food chains internationally.
Rafter 7S is located 30 miles north of Paxton, Nebraska in the Nebraska Sandhills. It is in the heart of cattle country on a working ranch. A common question I am asked is, “Where does the name Rafter 7S come from?” The name "Rafter 7S" comes from our cattle brand. The brand was first registered by my husband's grandfather. Our jelly is still made the old fashioned way – hand stirred in small batches with no preservatives or corn syrup. We hand pick the wild fruit at peak ripeness for the best flavor.
Lance Honey Farms is a Nebraskan business that provides bees, support, equipment, and resources to beekeepers in the state. Our honey is raw, lightly filtered, and never processed. We support beekeepers through education and quality products to ensure their success.
- 4 Chicken Breasts, sliced horizontally to make 8 thinner pieces.
- 1/4 cup milk or cream + 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups crushed Corn Flake Cereal
- For topping: Lance Farms Honey or Rafter 7S Wild Plum Syrup
- 1 package Heavenly Waffles Mix
Directions For Oven Fried Chicken:
- Heat oven to 425 degrees and line a cookie sheet with non-stick foil
- Combine cream and lemon juice and let sit for about 10 minutes (You have just made a buttermilk substitute - if you have buttermilk, you can use 1/4 cup buttermilk and omit this step)
- Slice chicken breasts horizontally to make 2 thinner pieces.
- Add Big Mama's Oven Fried Chicken Seasoning to milk. Whisk. Place chicken in milk solution.
- After dipping in the milk mixture, press into the crushed cornflakes - coating both sides of the chicken. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes. I used a meat thermometer to make sure mine were done.
- Follow instructions on the back of the Heavenly Waffles Mix and make however many waffles your heart desires!
The Grand Finale:
- Place fresh, fluffy Heavenly waffles on a plate.
- Top with crispy, oven-fried chicken
- Drizzle Lance Honey Farms Honey or Rafter 7S Wild Plum Syrup on top