When restaurant industry pioneer Gary Rohwer founded Glenn Valley Foods in 2009, he set in motion a tradition of innovation and uncompromised quality that started in 1981 when Gary opened his first Philly Cheese Steak restaurant. Most notably, Gary channeled his expertise, industry experience and instinct for understanding the needs of restaurant owners and chefs into creating his now-famous Quick Release Puck Philly Steak.
Prior to Gary’s breakthrough food service invention, there was no vertically pre-sliced and pre-portioned quick release Philly meat category at the distribution level. Instead, traditional flat steak was the industry standard – a cut of meat that required labor-intensive chopping, shredding, hacking and tearing during the cooking process.
Determined to find a more efficient way to deliver sliced Philly meat that offers flavor, convenience and consistent quality, Rohwer dedicated himself to inventing a process in which a delicious, premium steak product could be pre-sliced and pre-portioned before it reached restaurant kitchens and store shelves. Thanks to years of careful research and development, his vertically sliced Philly Steak remains one of the most widely used products among restaurant operators and food service distributors across the country.
Today, Glenn Valley Foods offers a variety of beef, chicken and pork products to a wide range of customers – from top restaurant chains to grocery stores, and even directly to the consumer. Whether their products are utilized as the key ingredient for a new menu offering or a quick, delicious weeknight dinner, their customers choose Glenn Valley Foods because they can count on the convenience and versatility, without sacrificing flavor.
Take this opportunity to experience the quality, value and convenience of their Quick Release Philly Steaks in the following beef stroganoff recipe.
• 3 tables vegetable oil
• 1 (12 oz.) package PepperJax Grill At Home Steak
• 1/2 c onion, chopped
• 1 (10.75 oz) can mushroom soup
• 1 (4.5 oz) can sliced mushrooms (optional)
• 1/2 tsp QuickSteak Wow!® Seasoning Blend
• 1/2 c sour cream or yogurt
• 4 c cooked medium egg noodles
• 1/2 tsp QuickSteak Wow! Seasoning Blend
• Fresh dill or parsley, chopped (optional)
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat, add PepperJax At Home Steak, cook until meat begins to separate, 1-2 minutes, turn portions over and gently pull meat apart, sauté until cooked, about 2 minutes. Remove meat from skillet, set aside.
2. Add remaining oil to same skillet. Add onion, cook over medium heat until tender.
3. Add soup, mushrooms, QuickSteak Wow!® Seasoning Blend. Bring to simmer.
4. Stir in sour cream, return beef to skillet. Heat through.
*Serve over cooked noodles. Top with Parmesan cheese and chopped dill or parsley.
Substitutions: Wide noodles or linguine would work well as a substitute for the egg noodles.