Don't have time to prepare a big meal for dinner tonight? No worries, this lasagna soup is easy to make and you more than likely have all of the needed ingredients in your pantry right now. With those simple ingredients you simply throw it all in a soup pot or crock pot, cover, and Ta-Dah!
Today we will be using An Affair From The Heart's Easy Lasagna Soup Recipe as an inspiration with a Nebraska twist. Instead of store-bought spaghetti sauce we will be using the authentic, Nebraska, handmade Angi's Sicilian Style Spaghetti Sauce and Sabbiatos' Hand Made Caserecci Italian Based Artisan Pasta. Let's make it!
This sweet light and savory sauce is like no other. Perfect for when you want to bring a taste of the Mediterranean home with you. When you want a healthy choice remember that Angi’s sauce is Gluten Free, Allergen Free and Cholesterol Free. It’s a perfect heart healthy sauce. Made in the USA.
Sabbiatos is a family owned business that stands behind the quality of its product using only the best ingredients by supporting as many small businesses and buying local ingredients. They have created a pasta that is unique to the culinary industry. It offers a different variety of pasta that closely portrays the style native to its home country of Italy. It is a healthy homemade Pasta made with locally grown ingredients and not produced in a large factory. Offering a high quality hand made product with a variety of shapes, flavors and sizes makes our company very unique.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of petite diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 3 cups Angi's Sicilian Style Spaghetti Sauce
- 1 bag Sabbiatos Hand Made Caserecci Italian Based Artisan Pasta
- Or purchase our bundle package that includes both Angi's Sicilian Style Spaghetti Sauce AND Sabbiatos Hand Made Caserecci Italian Based Artisan Pasta
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon (or 4 cubes)
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon (or 4 cubes)
- 6 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of Italian spice
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- For serving: ricotta and shredded mozzarella cheese
Time To Assemble:
- In a soup pot over medium heat brown your ground beef with onion and garlic. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Drain grease. To the ground beef mixture add the tomatoes, Angi's Sicilian Style Spaghetti Sauce, bouillon, water and spices and seasonings. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in Sabbiatos' Hand Made Caserecci Artisan Based Pasta and cook until they are tender (about 10-15 minutes)
- Remove bay leaf.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese to the soup about 5 minutes before serving.
- Ladle into bowls and top with ricotta and mozzarella cheese.