Did I hear sweater weather? Yes, you sure did! It's that time of the year folks! Get ready to bundle up, cozy up on the couch, and enjoy a warm, fresh bowl of this chili mac while watching some Sunday night football. This skillet meal is also a great meal to make when cooking seems impossible. It is inexpensive with low cook time and simple ingredients, we can't leave out the delicious, warm feeling the meal leaves you with either! Today we will be featuring Sabbiatos Pasta, Nebraska Bison, and Chili Dawgs Foods of Fire!
As mentioned in the title, this recipe has a unique Nebraska twist on it. You may be wondering what that twist is, it's bison meat! We have substituted ground beef for ground bison meat that elevates the dish to a 10! We would also like to give a shout out to An Affair From The Heart for providing us with this AMAZING recipe!
Sabbiatos Pasta is a family owned business that focuses on their product's high quality output and is produced from local ingredients and made with local pride. When creating their business, they wanted to make a unique variety of pastas that would be different in shape, size, and color, but still closely resemble what one would find in a store in the infamous birthplace of pasta, Italy. Since starting Sabbiatos, their business has flourished and is one of the well known pasta producers in Nebraska!
Nebraska Bison started their journey on a humble farm searching for a way to craft something better and healthier for family, friends, and anyone else to enjoy. They put bison on the spotlight and have proudly fed families throughout the United States with lean, natural meat for over 20 years now. Their mission is to provide customer-trusted, sustainable, quality meat for those seeking a healthy alternative to their diets.
Chili Dawg's came to life in November 2005, shortly after brothers Tim and Shawn began making salsa out of home-grown vegetables from their garden. Today, Chili Dawg's is proud to use only the freshest ingredients to make the very best habanero pepper spreads with a little kick.
Amount of servings: 8 servings
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb. ground bison meat
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped small
- 1 teaspoon Chili Dawgs Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can tomato soup + 1/2 soup can water
- 1 (15 oz.) can of chili with beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can of Pinto beans, drained
- 1 package of Sabbiatos Orecchiette Pasta
- 8 slices of American Cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions, rinse, and set aside
- Meanwhile, brown ground bison beef with onion over medium-high heat. Drain any excess drippings.
- Add Cayenne pepper, soup, water, chili, and beans. Stir. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in cooked pasta
- Turn heat down to low. Top with slices of American cheese, place lid on skillet until cheese melts.