Panicking because you can't find a side to bring to dinner that is both different and unique, but you don't want to spend hours preparing it? We have just the recipe for you. This caprese salad only takes 5 minutes to whip up! Juicy slices of tomato, creamy fresh mozzarella cheese, and fresh basil leaves all drizzled with a bit of lavender or sunflower oil and lavender balsamic vinegar. Only the freshest ingredients are used when making this Classic Caprese Salad Recipe! With hints of lavender, this dish is both unique, easy, and freshly delicious. What more could you ask for?
Perks Of This Recipe:
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 6
- Made With Simple, Local Ingredients
- Fresh and Healthy
- Unique and Different Than Any Other Side Dish/Appetizer
- Easy to Make
- Calories Per Serving: 141 calories
Let's Meet Some Members Who Contributed To The Menu In This Recipe!
Simply Sunflower was born as a result of Farmer Al striving to be a better steward of the environment. He began using sunflowers as a renewable energy source on their farm and ranch near Ord, Nebraska. His property and farming business has been in the Koelling family for the past 120 years! The soil is rich in history and heritage and the family has always been filled with pioneers and innovators.
Our Lavender Co is based by Big Springs Nebraska, close to the boarder of Nebraska and Colorado. They naturally grow all of their lavender right there at their family farm! The Trio started back in 2019 and since then has grown to ship in all 50 states. They have a variety of amazing products from bath bombs to lotions, and lavender sachets! If you are in need of a short trip book a tour of their farm and meet the creators of these incredible products!
Nebraska Star Beef is located in Holdrege, Nebraska. Nebraska Star® Beef and Lucky® Beef Jerky are Nebraska based, family owned and operated companies dedicated to providing the highest quality, premium angus beef. Our generations of experience and one of a kind all natural process covers every humane aspect of breeding, raising, feeding and shipping that results in an ultimate difference in taste, tenderness and overall quality of beef we produce.
What You'll Need:
- 4 Roma Tomatoes
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- 8 oz. Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp. Simply Sunflower Oil OR Lavender Olive Oil
- Nebraska Star Beef Salt + Pepper Blend
- Drizzle of Lavender Balsamic or White Lavender Balsamic
- Slice tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese
- Later the sliced tomatoes, sliced cheese, and basil leaves on a serving platter, overlapping. (Shown Below)
- Sprinkle with Nebraska Star Beef Salt + Pepper Blend
- Drizzle with Simply Sunflower Oil OR Our Lavender Co. Lavender Oil
- Drizzle with Lavender Balsamic or White Lavender Balsamic
- Serve immediately at room temperature, or refrigerate to let the flavors marry, for about 2 hours
- Enjoy with sliced baguette as an appetizer or alone as a salad.