Like it sweet? Like it spicy? How about a little bit of both! The DND Jamaican Jerk Sweet & Spicy Toffee from Mystic Rhoads Productions gives you a contrast of flavors. It's great to just eat by itself, or you can mix it in with a dessert to add some heat, giving it the perfect balance of spicy and sweet.
Who is Mystic Rhoads Productions?
Mystic Rhoads Productions came to life in 2003 through the efforts of two U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers serving rural communities in the great parish of Trelawny, Jamaica. During this stay, they gained an in-depth understanding of the people, culture, and environment of Jamaica. Their love for the area and desire to see it flourish was the motivation behind MRP’s creation.
Now based in Lincoln, NE, MRP works to provide positive educational opportunities, healthy lifestyles and an appreciation of the natural environment to the communities it serves. From scholarships and school supplies to community gardens and volunteer support, MRP is dedicated to the simple task of improving the world.
- 1 8oz. Package DND Jamaican Jerk Sweet & Spicy Toffee
- 1 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature)
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
1. Whisk the flour, baking soda & salt together, set aside. With mixer, beat butter until creamy.
2. Beat in 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and all the brown sugar until completely creamed and smooth.
3. Add egg and beat until combined.
4. Add peanut butter and vanilla extract, mix until combined.
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
6. Cover and chill the dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
8. Roll cookie dough into balls, about 1 TBSP of dough each. Roll each ball in the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and arrange on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
9. Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops begin to slightly crack.
10. Remove cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
11. Press a piece of the Spicy Toffee into each cookie.
12. Place the baking sheet in the freezer so the chocolate doesn't melt. Eat!