Who are you rooting for this Super Bowl Sunday? Maybe these festive frosted sugar cookies will help you decide. Pick between red and yellow sprinkles or red and gold sprinkles to show your team some love. Soft, chewy sugar cookies coated with a rich blanket of homemade vanilla frosting, and an even bigger plus; all of the ingredients are more than likely at the convenience of your own pantry, if not we have all the ingredients you need! Get to baking and order now!!!
Today we will be featuring Gluten Free Mama's Sugar Cookie Mix and Koponi's Vanilla Extract! We would also like to give a huge shout out to An Affair From The Heart for providing us with this amazing recipe!
Let Mama help! For many years it has been difficult to eat gluten-free - and although there are more options out there for those that are gluten intolerant, Gluten Free Mama wants to make sure you get the quality you deserve. From their high quality flours to their baking mixes, Heartland Gourmet/Gluten Free Mama's is committed to providing you with the best products for your lifestyle.
- 1 bag of Gluten Free Mama's Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon Koponi Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp. milk
- food coloring (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- For the cookies: Follow directions on the back of the Gluten Free Mama's Sugar Cookie Mix
- For the frosting: In a mixer, cream together butter and shortening, add Koponi Pure Vanilla Extract and salt. Add powdered sugar and milk a little at a time, mixing until fluffy.
- Tint the frosting with food coloring if desired.
- Spread onto cooled cookie bars.
- Top with sprinkles if you choose.