Are you looking for something cheesy? These delicious Pretzel Bombs with Mustard Cheese Sauce are sure to help your craving. This crave-able recipe is from An Affair from the Heart and features Herbal Gatherings Mustard.
Who is Herbal Gatherings?
Herbal Gatherings is located in Lincoln, NE. Mustard From the South Side comes from the heart of Nebraska, and the south side of the Platte River. You've never tasted anything like it! It's great on crackers, pretzels, burgers and more.ۢ This delicious mustard is 100% all natural with no preservatives.
Mustard is a medicinal paste made from the seed of the mustard plant. It's a superfood that's been around for at least 5,000 years
The benefits include:
- Cancer-busting selenium
- Reducing migraines
- Natural anti-fungal and antiseptic
- Never made with MSG or yeast extract.
Sausage Pretzel Bombs:
- 12 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage, spicy or mild, your choice
- 1 Tablespoon Herbal Gatherings Original Mustard
- 1/3 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 10 cups boiling water
- 1 egg + 2 Tablespoons water to make an egg wash
- Pretzel Salt or coarse sea salt
Mustard Cheese Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 Tablespoons Herbal Gatherings Mustard
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- Thaw frozen dinner rolls in a warm place. Cut in half.
- Combine Italian sausage, cracker crumbs, Herbal Gatherings Mustard and cheese cubes in a bowl. Form small meatballs.
- Place meatballs in a hot skillet, cover with lid and brown on all sides. Place on paper towel to remove any excess grease.
- Bring water to a boil with the baking soda on the stove in a large pot.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet!
- Take each piece of bread dough and press into a flat circle. Place a meatball in the center and wrap dough around it. Seal the edges.
- Drop about 3 or 4 of the dough balls at a time into the boiling baking soda bath for 30 seconds. Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Brush each pretzel ball with the egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sea salt or pretzel salt.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until pretzels are golden brown. Air fry for 7 minutes on 400 degrees. Check on your pretzels, as ovens and air fryers cooking times can differ.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter to prepare the cheese sauce. When the butter is melted, whisk in the flour, then the milk and let cook until it begins to thicken. This will only take a couple of minutes. Whisk in Herbal Gatherings Mustard and shredded cheese until smooth. Top with chives for serving if desired.
- Serve pretzel bombs hot from the oven with mustard cheese sauce and Herbal Gatherings Mustard for dipping.