Ginger & Basil Fried Rice ~ With Oh Yeah Seasoning
Dani with Giramuk's Kitchen (which you can read more about here) was the inspiration of this recipe wrote by the successful blogger, Michaela with An Affair From The Heart.
"I am in a serious basil state of mind these days, and am getting a kick out of making food that is super colorful. Pretty food is just so much more fun to eat! This recipe not only used up some leftover chicken we had, but also the veggie drawer. Feel free to add what you have on hand. Dini’s original recipe didn’t contain the purple cabbage, but I had some left over, so I threw it in. I loved the way it turned out." ~Michaela
The awesome thing with this Ginger & Basil Fried Rice recipe is that you can substitute seasoning and we've got an all-natural, low sodium seasoning we substituted in the recipe below. You can cut back on the spice or add more to your liking. Choose to go subtle with Original Oh Yeah! Seasoning or spice up the meal a notch or two with Spicy Oh Yeah! Seasoning.
'Oh Yeah!' We think you're really going to love it either way!
- 20 ounces of cooked, day old, Basmati or Jasmine Rice
- 2-4 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced ginger (I love the Gourmet Garden Brand)
- 2 cups washed and sliced leeks (white and light green parts only)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups purple cabbage shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon Regular or Spicy Oh Yeah Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups raw shrimp
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
Leave a comment