Who doesn't love a little crunch and sweetness in their yogurt or just want a healthy, light snack to munch on? You're in luck! We have the perfect fresh apple granola that is filled with nutrients and fiber to kick start your morning. This easy snack is also great for your kiddos lunch boxes! Today we will be featuring The Gourmet Granola, Lance Honey Farms, and Simply Sunflower! We would also like to give a shout out to An Affair From The Heart for this amazing snack recipe!
Frustrated with infertility, a business was born! The owners learned how difficult it was to find low sugar snacks that still taste good. To satisfy their cravings, they began making granola and granola bars using real ingredients and unprocessed sugars. Thus, The Gourmet Granola was born! They still don't have a bundle of joy so they pour their love into every batch of granola and granola bars.
Lance Honey Farms is a small Nebraskan business that specializes in proving bee support, equipment, and honey and wax products. Their honey and wax are never ultraheated or processed and remain as raw as when the bees gathered it in the comb. Lance Honey Farms' mission is to provide support and lead those seeking to become beekeepers to success.
Alan Koelling, the mastermind of sunflower oil, became a farmer the minute he could walk. Through the years, to be a better steward of the environment, Alan began using sunflowers as a renewable energy source on the farm. From research, he discovered the handful of benefits that sunflowers provide. They are rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants, high in beneficial fats, and cholesterol and trans-fat free. Alan then decided to use his crop as a direct source for sunflower cooking oil. Simply Sunflower was then founded. They now sell in over 350 stores across America!
- 2 3/4 cup Cinnamon Vanilla Almond Granola
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced, skin left on
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 diced dried tart cherries
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Sunflower Oil
- 1/3 cup Lance Farms Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with parchment
- In a large bowl mix together apples, cherries, granola, almonds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, and salt
- In a saucepan over medium heat, warm the sugar, honey, vanilla, and sunflower oil until sugar is just dissolved
- Pour over oat mixture, stir to coat
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until dry and lightly golden