These yummy Dorothy Lynch little smokies are sure to be everyone's favorite treat at your next football party. The recipe is from An Affiar From the Heart and feature this favorite Nebraska dressing: Dorothy Lynch.
Who is Dorothy Lynch?
In the 1940s, Dorothy Lynch and her husband ran the restaurant at the local Legion Club in St. Paul, Nebraska. That restaurant was where the first servings of the popular Dorothy Lynch dressing were made. As more Legion Club members tasted the sweet and spicy flavor, the legend of Dorothy Lynch began to grow, and the dressing became a statewide favorite.
Today, Dorothy Lynch is still made and bottled in its home state of Nebraska. Every bottle of Dorothy Lynch is produced with love in a modern 64,000-square-foot plant in Duncan, Nebraska (population: 351).
- 1 cup Dorothy Lynch Dressing & Condiment
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha (more if you want it spicy)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water (optional for thickening)
- 2 (12 ounce) packages Beef Little Smokies
- 1 Serrano pepper, chopped small
- 1/2 of a small red onion, chopped
- To prepare the Dorothy Lynch BBQ Sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring and simmering for about 15 minutes. If you want the sauce to be thicker, stir in the cornstarch/water mixture and cook for a few minutes more.
- Add the sauce, little smokies, onion, and pepper to a skillet give it a stir. Cover and cook on over medium heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dorothy's BBQ Little Smokies are ready when they are heated through and the onion and pepper are tender.