Crock Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Dorothy Lynch Coleslaw
Looking for an easy, delicious summer lunch or dinner idea? Don't worry, we've got you covered. These simple crock pot pulled pork sandwiches make for the perfect meal after a day out on the lake or just spent outside! Adding the coleslaw creates that fresh, summer feeling that we have all been waiting for as the seasons have changed. Today we will be featuring Dorothy Lynch and Chili Dawg's Foods of Fire Cayenne Pepper. We would also like to give a shout out to An Affair From The Heart for providing us with this amazing lunch/dinner recipe!
In the late 1940s, Dorothy Lynch and her husband ran the restaurant at the local Legion Club in St. Paul, Nebraska. This is where she first served up the original recipe for Dorothy Lynch Home Style Dressing. As more Legion Club members tasted the sweet and spicy flavor, the legend of Dorothy Lynch began to grow, and the dressing became a statewide favorite. Locals even brought in their own bottles to fill up with "that delicious Dorothy Lynch salad dressing." Today, Dorothy Lynch Home Style Dressing & Condiment is the essential ingredient in every Midwestern family’s favorite recipes—not just salad. It is now owned by Tasty Topping out of Columbus Nebraska.
Who is Chili Dawg's Foods of Fire?
Chili Dawg's came to life in November 2005, shortly after brothers Tim and Shawn began making salsa out of home-grown vegetables from their garden. Today, Chili Dawg's is proud to use only the freshest ingredients to make the very best habanero pepper spreads with a little kick.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Slow Cook Time: 8 hours
Ingredients for Crock Pot Pulled Pork
- 5-6 pound Pork Shoulder Butt Roast
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of each: paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of each: white pepper and Chili Dawg's Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup water
Ingredients for Dorothy Lynch Coleslaw
- 10 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup Dorothy Lynch Salad Dressing & Condiment
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of each: salt, pepper, celery seed
- To prepare the Crock Pot Pulled Pork: Rinse pork butt in cold water and pat dry. Combine all of the spices and the brown sugar in a bowl. Rub the seasonings into the pork butt on all sides. Place the apple cider vinegar and water in your slow cooker, then place the seasoned pork butt into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Remove from the crock pot, shred meat, and discard any fat. Reserve about a cup of the liquid. Place shredded pork back in the crock pot, with the reserved liquid, to keep warm.
- To prepare the Dorothy Lynch Coleslaw: Mix mayo, Dorothy Lynch, buttermilk, sugar, celery seed, salt and pepper together. Pour over coleslaw mix and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Pile pulled pork onto hamburger buns, top with coleslaw and serve.
CHECK OUT MORE FROM DOROTHY LYNCH HERE!!!
CHECK OUT MORE FROM CHILI DAWG'S FOODS OF FIRE HERE!!!
Leave a comment