Who doesn't want a delicious pull apart bread? This yummy Crack Bread is a go to for any family gathering or tailgate! This recipe is from An Affiar from the Heart and features two of our members, Simply Sunflower and Jisa's Farmstead Cheese.
In 1946, Lad Jisa started a dairy farm outside of Brainard, NE. In the spring of 2005, his son, Dave Jisa, started making great tasting cheese from their own pasteurized whole milk.
The Jisa family upholds the highest standards in making sure that their cheese is made in a clean and sanitized environment. Their mission is to provide consumers with a full flavor, whole milk farmstead cheese, using natural resources to feed people, create jobs and care for their land, provide consumers with a full flavor, whole milk farmstead style cheese.
Alan Koelling (Farmer Al) started driving a tractor as soon as his feet could reach the pedals. His property and farming business has been in the Koelling family for the past 120 years!
Farmer Al began using sunflowers as a renewable energy source on the family farm and ranch near Ord, Nebraska. Once he discovered the multiple health benefits of sunflowers (rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants, high in beneficial fats, and cholesterol, and trans-fat free) Al then decided to also use his crop as a direct source for sunflower cooking oil.
- 1 loaf of crusty french bread
- 1 stick of salted butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons of Simply Sunflower Oil
- 1/4 cup tops of green onions, sliced
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
- 2 blocks of Jisa Cheese
- 1 package of real bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- With a sharp bread knife, diagonally cut the bread, NOT ALL THE WAY THROUGH, leaving about 1-2 inch spaces, then do the same going the other way to get an “X” pattern.
- Place bread on a large sheet of foil.
- Slide the slices of Jisa Cheese in between the cracks in the bread
- Sprinkle with bacon pieces and, using your fingers, make sure that some of them get pushed down in the cracks.
- In a glass bowl or measuring cup, melt butter.
- Add to it the Simply Sunflower Oil, spices, onion and parsley.
- Give it a good stir and drizzle it over the bread, taking care to get it down inside the cracks.
- Wrap the foil around the bread and bake it for 10 minutes.
- Unwrap the top and bake for another 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve warm.