A golden, flaky crust filled with sweet caramel buttery filling and pecans. This pecan pie has received rave reviews from all who have eaten it!
Pecan Fun Facts:
- Pecans have the most healthy fats of any nut!
- Pecans are super high in protein, vitamin E and anti-oxidants.
- Pecans are a great source of vitamin B1 (thiamin) and also stacked in crucial minerals too.
- Pecan nutrition can help boost brain, heart and bone health.
- They make for ideal emergency rations for persons expending great amounts of energy.
- Pecan nuts are mainly used as appetizers and additions to salads, cakes, candies, and cookies.
- USA produces 80% of the world’s pecans.
- Buffalo Creek Pecans are Non-GMO & Gluten Free.
Tips For Creating The Perfect Pecan Pie:
- The Pecans in the pie filling actually float to the top when you bake the pie.
- If you are sitting there wondering, “why does my pie not look like a regular pecan pie with the nuts on top?” don’t worry. They will make their way there during baking.
- Your pecan pie is cooked when you can poke the center and the test toothpick or fork comes out clean. So, look for the center to have some rigidity and not be so runny or jiggly.
- Don’t overcook the pie. Why? Because, the filling is really a custard and when you overcook custards then you end up with something like chunky egg salad.
Pie Crust Tip: Pre-baking your crust is very important. You want the crust mostly cooked when you add the filling. Just make sure to cool the crust and the filling before you combine them. Then add into the oven and bake together to finish it off.
Should you serve pecan pie warm or cold?
Pecan pies are best served cooled down to room temp or even out of the fridge. You want that filling to set up like a pudding inside. Serve it while it is too warm then that stuff just comes spilling out.
Now that you know all the tips and tricks to making the perfect pecan pie, let's get to making the best pecan pie by starting with the ingredients needed.
- 1 pie crust PRE-BAKED
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 2 cups Buffalo Creek pecans